3 Step IT
Are you ready to take care of the world’s tech?
Location: Helsinki or Tampere
We are 3stepIT
At 3stepIT we have a very clear purpose: to take care of the world’s technology. As a Technology Lifecycle Management provider, we have an ambition to reduce e-waste by helping businesses to consume technology more sustainably. We offer an end-to-end approach to accessing, managing and refreshing IT devices that is cost-efficient, secure and environmentally friendly. Today we serve more than 3,000 customers worldwide and play an active role in the circular economy by refurbishing and reselling end of life IT devices. In doing so, we prevent over half a million devices from being destroyed and sent to landfill each year.
Taking care is our mindset. We take care of our customers, of technology, of each other.
Hannu Punta, Director, Digital Services
Job role and purpose:
As a Test Manager, you will play a key role in defining as well as streamlining the testing strategy for our digital services, ensuring smooth software runs for our customers. You will lead our testing team and ensure optimal resource deployment during the development process. You will work with the team on 3StepIT’s scalable Asset Management Systems that are used by our customers in the Nordics, Europe and U.S. to manage their IT infrastructure.
Your input will be crucial in creating test plans and test cases. In short, you are an important quality ‘gatekeeper’ in the development of new & existing IT products and services. In this role, you get to demonstrate your excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of what high quality web services look like.
To be successful in this role, you need two key skills:
A strong foundational understanding of testing and reporting tools and practices
Ability to lead and support the testing team in a constructive manner
The position is located within our Digital Services team. The Digital Services team is part of our IT & Technology group where we have 50 members overall to ensure our IT & Technological development and international scalability. You will report to the Director of our digital services, Hannu Punta. If you are a talented and experienced Test Engineer or Manager who is passionate about delivering exceptional service and driving innovation, we want to hear from you.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Strategic Responsibility
- Define structured QA strategy, processes, specifications, and tools
- Understand quality assurance from a big picture perspective
- Assess customer requirements and ensure those are met
- Evaluate risks during sign off process
- Team Responsibility
- Lead the testing team, creating a positive team atmosphere
- Ensure optimal resource allocation coordinate team tasks
- Ensure communication with all the stakeholders such as the development team and product owners
- Process Responsibility
- Create and develop test plans and reports for all 4 areas of testing (manual, automated, performance and security)
- Take ownership of the decision-making process for e.g. evaluating which tests need to be automated
- Manage sign-off on the QA phase
- 3 years or more experience working as a test engineer or some experience working as a Test Manager with team lead responsibilities
- Basic understanding of the uses and methods of testing (functional, integration, performance, regression and user acceptance testing)
- Good knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, automate test cases, opening and verifying bugs)
- Knowledge on test automation (UI & API) (Jenkins, robot framework, Selenium, Xray, or similar tools)
- Written and communication skills in English are mandatory, Finnish is a plus
In addition to a competitive pay package, you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits that make 3stepIT a place where we take care of you.
Recognition and rewards
Beyond your pay, we go a few steps further to make sure you’re properly recognized for your achievements. Some of the highlights include the 3stepIT Bonus Program and Employee Excellence Awards!
People at 3stepIT are deeply curious, willing to seize learning opportunities and know that development starts with themselves. That’s why we offer ongoing learning opportunities like the Talent Development Program, coaching, training days, workshops and more.
Health and wellbeing
A good work-life balance and wonderful workspaces are essential, but we go further. We want you to bring your whole self to work: a healthy mind and a healthy body. Breaks in your day are vital, so we avoid back to back meetings, and you’ll be offered a range of physical activities to get involved in. It’s all about being the ‘best you’ you can be.
You’ll have the chance to join colleagues in various team volunteering initiatives, as well as gaining funding and support for the causes you believe in. We call this ‘Walk the talk’ because we demonstrate through action that we take care of our planet.
When you work with amazing people, it’s hard not to have a good time. From team challenges to sports activities and our annual conference, there’s plenty of fun stuff to get involved in at 3stepIT.
Life at 3stepIT
Being a 3stepper should be the best experience. That’s why we take care to build a culture of flexibility, learning and fun – because work and life should fit together effortlessly.
We’re a community who genuinely care for one another. We believe in solving problems together as one team. Leaders at 3stepIT collaborate closely with their teams and always remain approachable, no matter how senior they are. The atmosphere is friendly and future-focused, and we love fresh ideas.
Our core values give a great description of how we interact with each other:
Positive – We see opportunities and help others see them too.
Passionate – We care about eliminating waste wherever we find it.
Responsible – We take responsibility for our actions.
Curious – We always want to learn more and improve.
Amazing – We do great things for our customers and each other.
Closing Date: 24.4.2023
More jobs from 3 Step IT:
- Network Engineer2 weeks ago